The Notre-Dame-de-l’Assomption church in Lorient, built around 1850, is located on the island of Saint-Barthélemy, district of Lorient. Its bell tower is protected as a Historic Monument.
The Notre-Dame-de-l’Assomption church was founded around 1724 then:
set on fire by pirates;
rebuilt in 1820 with the help of the Swedish governor;
rebuilt by Abbot Le Couturier in 1871;
shaken and cracked by the earthquake of November 4, 1974;
restored (frame, walls, shutters) in 1988.
The bell tower, built in 1850, served as a landmark for sailors. The bell was cast in Nantes in 1860.
This church has been listed as a historic monument since August 1, 1995.