This 19th century Catholic church is located in Gustavia on the island of Saint Barthélemy. The bell tower, the square and the enclosure are protected as Historical Monuments.
The Notre-Dame de l’Assomption church was completed in 1829. Severely damaged by the cyclone of August 2, 1837, it was not reopened until 1842.
The style is of Spanish influence. The main facade has a single arched opening. On either side of the entrance is a small niche housing a statue of a saint. The interior is sober. The floor is partially in marble. The roof frame is hidden by a false wooden ceiling. Two small skylights facilitate ventilation and illuminate the church.
On the other side of the street, a funeral chapel was built in honor of Sister Armelle, who died in 1947, and a rotunda for the Sacred Heart, in honor of the sailors of Saint-Barthélemy.